Kris Reddy, MD, FACS
West Palm Beach Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
1501 Forest Hill Boulevard
West Palm Beach, Florida 33406
With over 30 years of plastic surgery experience and with an experienced plastic surgery staff, Dr. Reddy has developed a plastic surgery consultation process that is designed to be comprehensive and to ensure comfort and safety. However, the process is flexible so if you have preferences during the consultation process, please indicate to Dr. Reddy or the patient coordinator and we can adjust the process accordingly.
Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
A consultation is equal parts interview, learning experience, and time to see the possibilities of what plastic surgery can achieve for you. It’s a two-way conversation that should help you answer three big questions:
- Is an aesthetic procedure the right option for me?
- If so, which procedure or procedures are appropriate?
- Is Dr. Reddy the appropriate surgeon to perform my procedures?
You get these answers by meeting with a plastic surgeon and her staff and asking more detailed questions. Expect each consultation to last 1 to 2 hours. Here’s a basic rundown of what a plastic surgery consultation should include.
1. Check in with the front office staff
First, you’ll check in with the front desk. We keep our initial forms brief so they should take no more than a few minutes to complete.
2. Meet with the medical assistant
When you are called back to begin your appointment, you will first meet with a medical assistant (or a nurse in some practices), who will review your medical history with you and help you get settled. Be thorough and honest about your medical history, as well as any medications, supplements, or recreational drugs you are taking—it’s crucial that we have an accurate picture to ensure your safety.
3. Meet with Dr. Reddy
Now it’s time to meet with Dr. Reddy. Expect to talk about:
- What you want to change about your body, and why you want to change it
- How you feel about your body now, and how you would like to feel after plastic surgery
- Your goals: what do you want to look like after surgery, what specific changes would you like to see
- Which procedure(s), if any, can help you achieve your goals
- What results you can expect from each procedure
- What’s involved in the surgery (anesthesia type, incisions, recovery timeframe)
- The risks and possible complications from surgery
- Your medical history (be open and honest for your safety)
In addition, Dr. Reddy should answer questions you have about the procedure and his credentials and experience. You’ll have your own questions, but here are a few to ask every surgeon:
- How long have you been performing plastic surgery?
- How many times have you performed the procedure(s) I am having?
- How frequently do you perform these procedures?
- Where will my surgery be performed, and who will administer anesthesia?
- Are there any other options to address my issues? If so, what results can I expect?
4. The surgeon will examine your areas of concern
You’ll remain in your own clothes for most of the consultation. If your area of concern is on the breasts or body, the surgeon will leave the room while you change into a gown and return to examine the area following your initial discussion. Your nurse will remain in the room during an examination.
Examinations may involve measurements, but you won’t have to complete any bloodwork.
Typically, we will have more than 1 staff member in the room at the time of examination. This ensures that we will be able to understand your needs and be able to discuss as a medical team how to meet your objectives and needs.
If you wish prefer a smaller group, Dr. Reddy can evaluate you with just 1 medical staff member in the room. Indicate your preference so we can ensure your comfort.
During your initial consultation, Dr. Reddy will request to take your photos. This is solely for planning purposes between Dr. Reddy and you. These photos will remain confidential unless you wish to share them with others.
More, than anything, we don’t want you to feel pressured at all!
5. Meet with your patient coordinator
Your patient coordinator is your liaison between you and the practice. She makes sure your questions are addressed quickly as you consider your options before surgery as well as throughout your surgery and recovery process. She will also help you with scheduling pre-op appointments, your surgery date, and post-op appointments.
6. Discuss pricing and financing options
The practice should provide a detailed price quote for the procedure you are considering at the conclusion of your consultation. Verify that this quote includes every cost you’ll incur:
- surgeon’s fees
- facility fees
- MD anesthesiologist fees (if necessary). When necessary, we utilize an MD Anesthesiologist who has worked with Dr. Reddy since 2000.
- devices such as breast implants or compression garments
- pre- and post- care.
Also, ask how long that quote is valid. Dr. Reddy will allow you a period of time so you can consider your options. You’ll also have an opportunity to discuss payment options and financing and place a deposit on your procedure if you’re ready to move forward.
7. Find out the next step
The staff should let you know what your next steps are before saying goodbye. If you are ready to schedule surgery by the end of your consultation, that’s great. But don’t feel obligated to make a decision immediately—if you aren’t sure, go home and think about what you want.
8. Lather, rinse and repeat
Frequently one consultation isn’t enough to feel 100% ready to move forward. New questions may arise as everything you discussed at the consult sinks in. If so, call and ask for a second consult. If or when you do schedule surgery, write down all of the questions that pop up and bring them with you to your pre-op appointment to address with your medical assistant, nurse, and/or patient coordinator. Dr. Reddy does not charge for his consults. Dr. Reddy likes to meet more than once with his patients so he can better tailor the surgery to meet a patient’s needs, objectives, and preferences.
West palm beach plastic surgery consultation, Palm Beach plastic surgery consultation, Palm Beach Gardens plastic surgery consultation, Boca Raton plastic surgery consultation, Delray Beach plastic surgery consultation, Boynton Beach plastic surgery consultation, Wellington plastic surgery consultation, Lake Worth plastic surgery consultation, and Royal Palm Beach plastic surgery consultation patients have shaped Dr. Reddy's consultation approach.